Skip to main content

What's new?

So now that I was able to get some complicated matters out of my life, it's giving me the time to pick up my phone and start getting this blog afloat again. But before I go on, i must warn that some of my information is based on how I perceive it not may not be entirely true. Not saying that what I write down may not help you, just saying it's straight forward and those that find my information useful are welcome to do so. For those who want to know, this blog is mainly personal experiences and mainly about places in and around Battambang. Since I've not been writing for a while, a lot of my information may be incorrect and I would like to apologize for that. I will be updating old places and adding new things and places that have popped up since I've been gone and trust me, lots of things have popped up giving our foreign friends more to do while passing through this nice country side town.


On another thought, I can tell you that Battambang has changed for the better. Lots of new spots have risen and new additions of entertainment have been added.  I want to highlight a few that I think are interesting. First on list.
1. Paintball is now in Battambang. The paintball club in BTB is headed by Iaan who is also owner of Ambrosia which is located next to the White Rose on street #2. For some, this might not be your cup of tea but if you really think about it, why would you not want to wage war on your friends and come out laughing at the end. It's a nice feature.
2. 4 years ago, many items were hard to get here in Battambang. But with places Iike Heng Cheyly and other mini marts who cater to forieners have made it easier for lots who need those special household items to be able to get them.
3. Also. I would like to talk about trend. Trend is something that these young Cambodians should be able to experience and enjoy. As much as its looked down upon here in Cambodia,  tattoos are starting to pick up. Even if it's rich young khmer guys bringing in their girlfriends to brand em for themselves or tourist looking for fresh ink, can now do so. Konsva Tattoos has now established a shop right next to Madison Corner which is located on 2.5 street. Konsva Tattoo artist So Kush is a young man on a rise. He's hungry has been recognized by Tatt2u magazine.  He is also doing silk screening and piercings.
4. Speaking upon trend,  their has become a rise in cannabis smokers in Cambodia telling me that herb is always a good thing to have around. Hey, don't judge me, your probably am old hippie haha but anyways, I have seen many odd tee shirts floating around lately.  GG showing sayings like "goodgreen" and pics of weed leaves on them. I mean they do look nice though and why not purchase one if you seen them, they look cool.
Over all, I'm a casual writer and I just like blurtiing out my thoughts so and telling ot how it is. Some call me to blunt but sometimes, even when we know the truth hurts,  we have to let the ones we love know what's up or help them to see what's  right and wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grilled Cuban sandwiches in Battambang

With so many types of different places popping up in Battambang, there is no lack of finding whats right when it comes to food. Especially when your in a hurry and need something to get you to your next meal. The new Ry's Kitchen Food & lounge which is located on Rd No. 1.5 (check map) have been these delicious Grilled Cuban sandwiches for a few years now . These sandwiches are quick and effective and very tasty. For more info and a better understanding of what a Cuban sandwich is, I've provided a link to your explanation learn more

Phnom Sampov

Phnom Sampoue is a natural resort located along the National Road No 57 at Sam Pouy Commune, approximately 12- kilometers  from the province town of Battambang. On top of this mountain are three temple sites and 3 natural water wells, namely Pkar Slar, Lo Khoun, Ak So Pheak. Also, next to Sam Pouy mountain, there are other main mountains sites like Phnom Trung Moan, Phnom Trung Tea, Phnom Neang Rum Say Sork. These mountains are related to the folk legend of Reach Kol Neang Run Say Sork. I have been to this place once and it is a nice place to visit. What I really liked was the little monkeys that don't seem to be afraid of those passing by.

This Former Gang-Banger Is Banging Out Delicious Cubans in Cambodia

            S ix years ago, Ry Mam boarded an international flight from LAX with three other Cambodians and two US marshals. “If any of you try to run, we’ll shoot you,” one of the marshals told the Cambodians. Mam thought that was strange—they were on an airplane and, anyway, he could have run a long time ago.