Skip to main content

Hello and Smart merge to bring stable internet service for Smart customers

Hello and Smart merging sounds like a great thing. I use Smart for phone service and I can tell you that Smart Mobile has some of the best deals. But like anything else, nothing is always what you want it to be and their are some problems with Smart when it comes to their internet service. First off, using smart for internet has become a pain in the butt. What I mean by that is during certain times of the day, your service can be interrupted leaving you with out internet for for some time before the service allows you to re-connect. This can be frustrating when  working on some important work online or just surfing the web. When the service is working though, the speeds are ok. Youtube and streaming a movie online can be possible without buffering and that's a good thing. But like I said, Smart has it's problems when it comes to their internet service and I hope this can be fixed with this merge with Hello.

So even with their interrupted service, Smart, like I said has some good deals on talk time. Since many I know use Smart service, saving money is and easy process because not only do they offer great value for your money, they also give customers options to exchange their money for more talk time with-in their network. For example. If I re-up my account with 1 dollar, I can have the option to exchange any part of that dollar for more talk time with-in the network. I usually exchange 50 cents for $7 with-in the network. That $7 can only be used calling other Customers or using Smart 3G internet and also SMS messaging. If you exchange your whole dollar, then you get $15 and that can also be used in the same way that I mentioned above. There are many different options that Smart gives their customers to save money but even with all this, they fail big when offering stable internet service. Hopefully this changes soon because I do alot of uploading and downloading and I really can't afford to be waiting for service to come back online when I need to get files out the door.

UPDATE 3/14/13

Finally these two companies come together and you want to know what I think?

Well first off, this merge has made the already unstable network even worse. Yes my friends. WORSE is the word for this merge.

During the evening times of the day, Smart Mobile is at it's worse leaving me in fits of rage making me want to slam my phone on the ground. Most the time, calling some can be a real  pain in the rear. There will be many times when callling someone where I have to keep pressing that send button hoping it will connect. The internet is almost non-existant when using their modem.  This service is probably the worse right now and hopefully this does not continue for too long.

You ask why not just use a different ISP. Well I do use Cellcard for my internet and since Smart Mobile has many deals on talk time, it would be great to use their service without all the disconnects and droped calls.

If you are in Cambodia using this service, are you having the same problems? Blast your comments in the section below.

(UPDATE 2)
Months down the line, Smart Mobile service has not improved. unstable connections leave many frustrated in some areas. Calls won't connect when your trying to call someone and the internet is as reliable as a torch in the day light. Maybe Smart needs to deal with their over crowded network before they focus on giving away all these cheap call promotions.
                                      Hello and Smart merge in US$155mn deal | Business

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grilled Cuban sandwiches in Battambang

With so many types of different places popping up in Battambang, there is no lack of finding whats right when it comes to food. Especially when your in a hurry and need something to get you to your next meal. The new Ry's Kitchen Food & lounge which is located on Rd No. 1.5 (check map) have been these delicious Grilled Cuban sandwiches for a few years now . These sandwiches are quick and effective and very tasty. For more info and a better understanding of what a Cuban sandwich is, I've provided a link to your explanation learn more

This Former Gang-Banger Is Banging Out Delicious Cubans in Cambodia

            S ix years ago, Ry Mam boarded an international flight from LAX with three other Cambodians and two US marshals. “If any of you try to run, we’ll shoot you,” one of the marshals told the Cambodians. Mam thought that was strange—they were on an airplane and, anyway, he could have run a long time ago.

Gecko Cafe In Battambang

                        (Updated) The Gecko has moved to street #1 and is now called The Kitchen.   Food Gecko Cafe is located on the corner of Street 3 and 119. The place sits atop Gecko Moto's. I visit this place lot's of times during my stay in Battambang and when it comes to wanting a little western taste, this is one of my favorite spots. They serve good western food including burgers, pizza, salads and more. They also have Mexican food ranging from tacos to burritos and more. The Taco salad I had last was great and reminded me of home a little. Also, being in Cambodia, you can't forget about the Khmer dishes. I haven't tried alot of Khmer food here but I can say that the fried rice was good. They also serve some alcohol drinks. Besides being a little pricey for the locals, the money you pay for food here is well worth it. So enjoy! Service Another thing I like here is the service. When you walk in, you are immediately greeted by someone and  o